Civitas obtained resource consent in 2010 to establish the original St Kentigern Preschool on the former Corran School campus in Remuera Road.
Ten years later, we have now obtained resource consent to relocate the preschool to a new purpose-built facility at the St Kentigern Primary School campus in Shore Road.
The project – expected to commence construction late 2021/early 2022 – will replace an existing staff house with a Collingridge and Smith Architects (UK)-designed circular building.
The unusual shape of the building is considered to offer a number of distinct benefits. In particular, it:
- Allows the building to sit within an area largely clear of significant vegetation while also allowing occupants of the building to have views into the surrounding vegetation;
- Allows the outdoor play area to be contained within the centre of the building thereby reducing the potential for noise transmission from the outdoor play space; and
- Provides a more secure and safe environment for children with good lines of sight for staff to see and supervise the children’s activities.
The project will also convert two existing tennis courts to parking. We look forward to seeing the new facility finished in late 2022.
Building images prepared by and copyright to Collingridge and Smith Architects (UK).
Ongoing Advice to the St Kentigern Trust Board
Civitas has provided town planning and resource management advice on all major projects undertaken by the St Kentigern Trust Board since 2003. This has included:
St Kentigern College
- Jack Paine Centre (Technology Centre)
- Elizabeth McFarlan Centre (Girls College)
- McFarlan Centre (Arrivals/Administration building)
- Learning Commons and ICT Centre
- Science building extensions
- Boarding house extensions
- Jetty, boat sheds and boat apron
- Maintenance compound
- Sports facilities
- Stormwater consenting
St Kentigern Shore Road campus
- Girls' School building
- Senior Boys' and Specialist Facilities building
- Jubilee Sports Centre, turf and carpark
- Gate 5 carpark reconfiguration
- Shore Road bus bays
- Stormwater consenting
St Kentigern Remuera Road campus
- Pre-purchase advice
- Re-zoning advice
Civitas has also provided input on the master planning of the St Kentigern campuses, advice on developments proposed on adjacent land, advice on plan changes promoted by Council and advice on the Auckland Unitary Plan process.